Friday 2 September 2011

Withgill Cross base

Following on from the last post http://teddytourteas.blogspot.com/2011/08/crosses-and-bases-around-stonyhurst.html I had a trip back to Withgill with Brenda and the Bear who'd been busy
the 1707 RS is Graffiti, I wonder when the last time it was read ?  after above,
before below, you couldn't see it from the road ! You can now !



 
The Bear needed a pint of Jennings English Pale Ale on the way home

just thought I'd share cheers all Danny
---------------------------------------------------------------
As a PS to Marks comment I know it’s a Jim Morrison “Doors” lyric but I first heard it, as almost the signature tune to BBC Lancashire's “On the Wire” Sunday afternoon Reggae show with Steve Barker and played by Dub Syndicate. Sundays used to be organised around listening and taping the show.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danny
    Just catching up after several weeks away - really liked the posts on The Northern Antiquarian with the larger, and stunning, photos. Deeply intrigued by the Celtic Walls and Dean Man's Cave - in fact all of the photos are really evocative.
    I love Humphrey Head.
    I'm amazed once again by your detective work - there's so much to be found if you know where to look.
    Oh - and "Out here we is stoned immaculate" or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I meant 'Dead Man's Cave' obviously. Dean Man's Cave must be somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete