Saturday 30 April 2011

Stanbury Hill Bingley Moor 30-4-11

I'll put on a couple of notes and links in answer to Marks comment, at the time it was all I could do to post the photos with something like a migrane headache making lines of writing swim on the page and painfull behind the eyes. The shiny green butterfly is a Green Hairstreak http://www.ukbutterflies.co.uk/species.php?species=rubi and there were hundreds about all over the moor, and the copper one is a Small Copper http://www.ukbutterflies.co.uk/species.php?species=phlaeas and there were dozens about in twos and threes on the moor. I don't know what the eggs are though Curlew or Plover at a guess but photo's of each look the same to me, there were both flying about but I didn't see any near the nest ? anybody ? It was cracking flags hot but the wind was really strong and with the moor really dry I didn't take a primus. After the egg photo it looks like a robbed out burial cairn, but I don't know just a guess I'll ask the Bear
cheers Danny

5 comments:

  1. Nice photos of the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..and a Chalybeate spring at the top of Spa Dike, I notice. I'd have had a look for that.
    Prolly failed to find it, too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Do you know what the butterflies are?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mark I'll add a note onto the end of the photo's above cheers Danny

    ReplyDelete